Yet Again Tonight...

Author: Ujjwal Ankur



The night grows gloomier, loneliness-no bound,
in the dead of silence, I hear a faint sound,
my mind grows anxious, to know what I've found,
is that you? Lurking around?

My heart skips a beat, this can't be true,
I've been a non-believer, an atheist too,
how could you be here? I really have no clue,
but finally seems like, all the prayers went through.

Your body glows bright, your face-so serene,
I stand there dazzled, bathing in your sheen,
distant, demented and longing I've been,
I've waited enough, please hold me, my Queen.

You fill me in your arms, so much love, so much care,
unbreakable it is, this bond that we share,
for when I am with you, my soul lies bare,
on the seventh heaven? I'm already past there.

I used to be a commoner, eat, sleep-repeat,
love and devotion, for me were obsolete,
and then you came along, so tender, so sweet,
thank you, my love, for now I'm complete.

Elysian and divine, from a wand a magic cast,
you wake me from my slumber, and raise me on the mast,
winds of change follow, blemishes by me past,
yes, you're my savior, and I'm saved, at last.

From the ashes of the past, you've raised a better man,
taught him how to love, much more than any can,
you've always been with me, all directions that I ran,
for I see only you, as far as I can span.

I get lost in them, those lovely dark eyes,
your smile is so lustrous, my only sunrise,
to me you're a goddess, Aphrodite in disguise,
My very own love, My very own prize.

We sing, we laugh, we dance, with you I can be me,
frivolous and a klutz, as much as I can be,
you teach it how to fly, and my soul flies free,
I lie in paradise, and you're it's entry.

Floating in your arms, seems centuries have flied,
the night grows older, the rule it's to abide,
I ask you O' Destiny, in what you take your pride?
Two bodies you may part, a soul can you divide?

Apollo inches closer-fierce, his sword drawn,
a haggard night crumbles, a new dawn is born,
like the life cycle, you end your brief sojourn,
a moment-you're here, another-you're gone.

facing the blaze, a lonely morning bright,
left standing there alone, alone in my plight,
I smile a faint smile, heaps of grief despite,
see you soon, my love, yet again tonight.


 

3 Responses to “Yet Again Tonight...”

  1. Vineet Pandey

    For some reason, I think it would make for an amazing love-rap. The sentences are just the right length. :)


  2. Ujjwal Ankur

    Rap me in...

    interesting thought...

    would like to see someone actually trying to rap it up... :)


  3. PRATIK

    dude!!!
    its lovely ,touching, romantic...and perfectly[ almost ]depicts the longing and yearning for his/her soulmate.
    nice piece!


Leave a Reply