Stung!!!

Author: Ujjwal Ankur





Well, thats a Hornet, people.

And one of them got me yesterday while I was returning from my class without attending it.

And if it was a punishment for bunking classes, believe me, my professors will order tons of hornet-nests in the institute. The way their faces drop when a class of strength of about 150 sees 40 odd idiots turning up.

Well, I shudn't be calling them idiots just because I belong to the rest 110. But, seriously, I don't think most of the Profs themselves understand what they teach.

So, what's the point in dragging your bottoms to the classes in which the teacher copies down his notebook verbatim on the board, or where every query of yours is answered by 'hmmm....dats a tough one....come back to my room after the class' or 'I will tell you the answer in the next class'.

Well, the next class never comes and the room is more often locked.


Anyways, lets get back to my Hornet story. Though I would have really liked to speak more ill of the prevalent education system, I will save it for some even grayer mood.

So, that stupid insect came at me at lightning speed, aiming for the eye.
It's weird how the most dangerous events happen at the most delicate places. No pun intended.

It only got a part of my temple, but I swear I could hear "Gotch Ya!!! SUCKER!!!!" when it buzzed past my right ear.


Anyways, as I lay there by the side of the road, doubled up in pain, many hands came to rescue. And I really appreciate their concern for a total stranger. A Bihar waale Bhaiya turned up on his moped.

"Ka hua? Kaat liya?"
After examining the wound,"Arey ee ta kucho nahin hai. Hamka ta badka waala kaata tha."
"Eee la. Choona laga la. Sab theek ho jaayega."

And he unfolded a few betel leaves out of which a whitish-grey substance poured out. Though howsoever reluctant I was to apply that thing on any part of my body, let alone a fresh wound, I was too much preoccupied by pain to say anything. And the greyish thing found its way from the leaves to my temple.
It was an instant relief. And I could stand back again.

And I really would like to thank that Bhaiya and all those helpers whose face I couldn't see who helped me on that fateful morning. If it was not for them, well.... no, I won't have been dead; but still, thank you.
And if you are reading this blog, please start frequenting that area for more hornet-stung people.




So, I limped back to my hostel with a broken cycle, a corroded face, and my best pair of jeans torn at places.



The rest of the day was spent running to the hospital and back, it's funny though how the nurse showed me the long form when i told her that I was in real pain; narrating the incidents to my hostel-mates, I could see genuine concern on their faces.


Thanks mates. The next time any of you gets stung by a hornet, I will be there to comfort you, I promise. :)




Well. The Hornet incident left me nothing except a temporary (I really hope this) swelling near my right eye, a pair of torn jeans, a post on my blog and a general fear of anything flying.
(Believe me, the mosquitos in my room are having a great time.)



Anyways, who's complaining?







What are you looking at?? SUCKER!!!!

 

7 Responses to “Stung!!!”

  1. Anonymous

    am really sorry fr that!!
    but really good coverage of the incident!!
    show me the wound on monday!


  2. Ujjwal Ankur

    thanx... :)

    and maine pehle socha ki wound ki ek photu daal doon....lekin baad mein socha ki net pe khud ko xpose nahin karna chahiye.....

    :)


  3. Ghanshyam

    inspite of dis incident..........u still...bunk classes!! well ma roomie`s progressin towards me(lolzzz) nd if happens to me den ill call u for da coverage.....aur why r u blamin that hornet its helped u in gainin sympathy of most of da snrs during o.p.


  4. Ujjwal Ankur

    well ganne....

    koi sympathy nahin mili....aur
    hornet se bachna hai to patel hall k paas jaana chhor de......


  5. Vineet Pandey

    I don't give them the chance to bother me et all outside and have got an insect net on my room's ventilator in case they try barging in my room !! Aaah.... Peace...


  6. diff.operator

    meh...its just a stupid wasp


  7. Ghanshyam

    hey ujjwal !!
    need u`r help dear !!
    stucked with n iron box ......................need u for da coverage(lolz..)


Leave a Reply